Lots of things are happening at the Hofheins' house, but nothing terribly big. Chuck finished Winter Semester at BYU on Wednesday with an A- in his Spanish-something-or-other class! We've decided he's going to take a break for Spring & Summer, and go back in Fall Semester. That way, he'll be home a bit more while I work to become a Sales Director in Mary Kay by the end of June. In doing things this way, we should be able to get Chuck finished with his Bachelor's, get into a home of our own & move into a new chapter!
So here's what's happening!
Rachel is getting ready to finish preschool & go into Pre-Kindergarten. She is super smart & a little smart-aleck at times!
She's also a really big helper for me with Sara & Sam. She loves both of them SOOO much & is really cute with them. A great big sister :)
Sam is getting ready to go into preschool & he LOVES sign language and music. He will sometimes tap his foot to a song in a movie, while we're sitting together, & I can feel that he is COMPLETELY on the beat.
What a cheeseball :)
He also really loves little Sara, he's going to be the protective older brother, I'm sure of it! He's a little protective of Rachel, too. If we're tickling one of them, the other will come to the rescue!
(He couldn't get enough of the fried rice at Benihana's :)
And Sara! She's already getting SO big!
We had to move her car seat straps up on Saturday & I've had to put a bunch of her clothes in the "too small" box already. She's starting to fill out her newborn skin a bit, she's not really what I'd call "chunky," but she's getting there :) Her hair is definitely Auburn & I am REALLY hoping it stays that way -I LOVE IT!!
Her eyes haven't decided what color they are at all, yet. It seems like they're a new color everyday. I'm excited to see what they turn out to be! She's also starting to sleep for longer periods of time; both for naps & at night. She eats a TON, though!
Lots of giggles & grins and she loves to "talk." Sometimes Sara will go for 10 minutes, just cooing, squeaking & grinning at me. -Needless to say, some of my favorite minutes.
I have actually been being consistent with my exercise & I'm loving it! I've never really enjoyed exercise, but I found a program that isn't too long, is easy to work into & it's not cheesy :) I am having fun with three kids, it's not nearly as overwhelming as I thought it would be & I know we're definitely not done with three -Babies, toddlers, preschoolers... I'm having so much fun with every stage!
I'm also really enjoying working my Mary Kay business again. Most of you will probably not understand this, but Mary Kay has really made a big difference in my life. It's so much more than selling lipstick & I am so grateful to have it, for me and for my family & for all the other lives I've been able to be a part of with it.
Oh, I have also been on a money saving/healthy kick! I've been baking our own bread (without a bread machine :) for the last couple of weeks. It doesn't save a LOT of money, but it's the best bread EVER!! So much better than store bought. I've been making freezer meals & cheap, but yummy, dinners. I feel so organized right now and I love it. We have a schedule of what needs to happen everyday, but there's a LOT of flexibility. I am being able to exercise, take care of myself, take care of my kids, keep my house away from total disarray, keep up with the laundry, work my business a couple of times a week to keep me sane, and now I'm getting back into the habit of serious scripture study, writing in my journal (& blogging ;)...
I feel GREAT!!!
P.S. Thanks for reading :)

5 comments:
YAY! I love your posts. Fun to find a new one. You all look great and that is awesome you're so organized and exercising, etc. You're a great mom, wife & friend, Mindee! We miss you guys. Glad life is treating you well...Love, Jenessa
Your kids are just too cute/goofy. Wow-you are an amazing woman, I'm very impressed with all that you're doing. Good luck with Chuck's school and everything.
Good for you girl! I cant believe you guys have three kids. They are so stinking cute! Tell chuck that he better get his butt in gear or I will graduate before him. Whoever loses buys the other one dinner.
What a fun update. I love all the pictures! I'm so impressed with your schedule. I'm happy when I get a shower, and I only have one child! You're amazing!!! Share your secrets please!
@Jenessa: We miss you too!! Thank you for the compliments :)
@Emily: THANKS! I sort of feel amazing right now. I'm sure it won't last too long, but I'm trying :)
@Netter: Sometimes I can't believe we have three kids either! & Chuck says "you're on!"
@Courtney: Secret = don't stress it! It's taken me four+ years of parenting to figure it out, but I've realized that it's okay to let Sara cry, it's okay to put my kids in time-out, it's okay to put ME in timeout!, and my kids are never going to be this little again, so I may as well enjoy them as they are! There are definitely days where I'm glad the windows are closed & my neighbors can't hear me being a screaming mom! Oh, and as far as the shower goes... I put Sara in her bouncer, in the bathroom, so the other two can't "play" with her, & I usually bring her in with me at the end :) Works quite well ;)
Love you all!
Post a Comment