So, I've been really naughty with the camera lately... I have no pictures! I have lots of video & my parents' pictures, but nothing much from Christmas, New Year's and Rachel's birthday... I'll work on that soon!
For now, here's what's happening: (WARNING this is more like a journal entry ;)
We have exactly three weeks, tomorrow, until our due date! I haven't made it to a due date yet, and I'm hoping we don't make it to this one... I'm so done! My doc checked me on Wednesday and I'm effaced 50% and dilated to a tight 1. That's the earliest I've been at a one, so we'll see what happens by this Wednesday. For some reason, I don't dilate as fast as I efface, so early labor is REALLY long for me, but not unbearable. I'm just waiting for it to start!
As weird & freaky as it might sound, I am SO excited to go into labor this time! I'm sure when I get to the bad contractions, I'll be cursing it, but right now, I'm looking forward to it cuz that means Sara will be here all the sooner!
We have almost everything ready; clothes all cleaned & put away, crib set up and ready for baby, hospital stuff ready, bought a minivan!!!, have a gift for Sam & Rachel from their sister, diapers & wipes restocked (sad about having diapers again!)... I still can't find our stash of bibs & burpcloths, though, along with the infant head support for the carseat. I'm a little freaked out about those, but I'm sure we'll find them in time.
Now I'm looking at my babies who are no longer even toddlers & I'm worried about having a tiny little baby again after more than 3 years! I sure hope instinct kicks in again, cuz there's a lot that I can't remember about taking care of a newborn, ha ha! That & I'm going to have to start paying attention to the toys Rachel and Sam leave on the floor: most of them are NOT baby friendly!
Here we go again!
2 comments:
3 weeks, how exciting! That is great that you have everything ready. I am the same as you I hope that taking care of a newborn is like riding a bike easy to remember!
I am so excited for you, 3 years in between babies is perfect thats how much time is between all of my boys. You will love it because the older two can help! I can't wait to see photos of beautifull baby Sara! Good luck we'll pray everything goes smoothly for you.
:0)
Post a Comment