Monday, December 21, 2009

The header picture is from Friday night when we went to see the lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake... We asked someone (a stranger) to take our family picture & Rachel freaked out! She did NOT want her picture taken! Every now & then she gets mad at us for taking her picture, but this time she was crying these big fat tears & bawling "No, Mom, No! I don't want him to take our picture!!"

Oh well, it's kind of a fun picture anyway :)

Since I never answered my own question from two posts ago... I do NOT have gestational diabetes. I did have to take the three hour test, but I passed it with "flying colors"...Yeah, I threw up the lovely red juice. They had to take a biopsy from something on my arm & I don't do well with people digging in my skin... so I puked :P

Nothing came from the biopsy, but we're not sure what this funny little bump on my arm is. It's gotten much bigger & darker with this pregnancy, but it's definitely not a mole... ?? So weird.

Well, here are a few pictures of what we've been up to!


My baby Sammy turned 3!


and we set up the tree after his "party"


Rachel's typical "dressing up"


Mom & Rachel on TRAX, heading for Princesses on Ice... Grandma Barker won tickets, of course :)


 
 
 
 

Here's how Sam tends to fall asleep for naptime...


and here's what we deal with all the time from our dear Sam...
Luckily no stitches. Apparently you have to be able to stick a Cheerio through the hole in a tongue to get stitches. Gross.


 

Rachel has a new hobby: Building buildings. She's done a bit of this in the recent past ( I know I've put at least one picture on here of her blocks), but she has started to get VERY creative. That's my girl :) I used to/still do love putting things together. My daddy used to buy me things like K'nex & intentionally unassembled Christmas gifts, just so we could put them together, together. I hope Rachel keeps that up.



 
 
...as you can see, she's usually a bit of a ham for the camera, too.

The customary Santa pictures:


Rachel did really well... Sam was really nervous!


We're lucky enough to have Santa come visit one of our family parties every year, but Sam has never really been a fan of his lap. Presents, fine. Stories/Movies about Santa, great. But TOUCH the man? No way.

This one's me & my two cousins. We were all born pretty close together, in the same calendar year. And we've stayed fairly close, so it's always fun to get pictures of the three of us. Not a really great belly picture, but I'll work on getting one of those up soon. We have less than 8 weeks left!!!



These two are just typical play time. Love my goofballs!



Sam, again, and his strange places/positions to fall asleep! He just climbed in this basket of laundry I was working on folding, pulled a jacket off the floor to cover his eyes... and he was out!



My sister-in-law needed a family picture & we just don't have a great, recent one, so we had my dad take this one last night. This is the best picture I have of what we all look like right now, so here you go:



Hope you enjoyed the LONG update! Merry Christmas everyone, we love you all!





5 comments:

Brookie Biggers said...

OKAY! Seriously , the pics of Sam falling asleep in the laundry basket CRACKED ME UP!!! Thats so funny. I can't believe how big your babies are getting. I feel like it was litteraly yesterday Rachel was born!
I'm so glad you guys are having a great season, I cant wait to see pics of baby Sara!

Mary-Anne said...

Your kids are getting so big! I can't believe it! Poor Sam's tongue...so sad. It looks like you guys are having a fun December! Have a Merry Christmas!

Lynette said...

Those were great pictures. It just cracks me up how much Sam is like Chuck but hopefully he stays this sweet in his teens. I love the last picture too. They were all great!

Jenessa said...

I can tell Sam keeps you busy! You guys all look great! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas & New Year's!

Emily said...

Love the update! So jealous of the Princesses on Ice, that's cool that you got to go. Poor Sam and his tongue. Don't you love the things you find out as a mother?!?