Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gestational Diabetes??

I went to the doc today for our third ultrasound with this baby. We had to check the placenta to make sure it wasn't in the way of the cervix anymore (Placenta Previa). It wasn't! Baby Sara is healthy, the placenta's in a fine place & she's measuring about 31 weeks...we're 28 weeks and a few days. We haven't made it to a due date yet, so we'll see what happens with this one!

Here are the "pictures" we got from the ultrasound today:


I can't wait to see this cuteness outside of my tummy!


 
 

As you can see, she's still a girl, so for now, the name will still be Sara Marie

BUT
I do have to go back for the three hour glucose tolerancy test next week. I've never had a problem with a test before, but apparently this baby is determined to give me every possible new experience in pregnancy!
  • possibly gestational diabetes
  • sciatica
  • braxton hicks contractions
  • minor swelling
  • "the itchies"
I've never had any of those things before, but I think Sara might be determined to be the last kid! I guess we'll see if I think I can handle this one more time, or not!!

3 comments:

Jenessa said...

That's good news that there's no placenta previa. Sorry about your new symptoms with baby 3. It's amazing that we women are willing to go through all these things to get those sweet little ones here. Hang in there. You're in the end stretch now!:)

The Camacho Family said...

LOL!!!! I sure miss you. I am sorry that she is giving so much trouble, but she is well worth it. I know how bad swelling and that dang sciatic nerve can be. Josh, I had to do that 3 hr test and it came back fine.
I am on clomid now, just finished month two and waiting for ovulation. Please keep our family in your prayers.
Love you much.

Brookie Biggers said...

Isn't pregnancy a BLAST! Good thing the outcome is SO worth it! I am so excited to see new baby pictures!