Christmas 2003. We used to get together with my extended family on Christmas Eve, to make Gingerbread Houses. This was our first one together! We stopped making the houses :(, but we still get together on Christmas Eve for dinner.

Then, of course, New Year's Eve 2003! Our tradition for New Year's is a formal/informal dinner! My parent's started this several years ago. We all get dressed up & eat finger foods or fondue! Very fun!!

While we dated, and during our first year, I was the Assistant Manager at ColdStone & Chuck worked there with me part time after we got married. It was fun for a while, but we're definitely both glad we don't work there anymore!

Just after our first anniversary, we got to be a Ma and Pa on our ward Pioneer Trek. We were EASILY the youngest couple! We were in charge of a "family" of youth from 12-18 years old. It was really fun except for the part where I found out that I'm allergic to sage brush, which happens to surround the entire area. I also found out that I have some kind of problem with my hips when I walk for too long, too far. We had a great family, though & the whole experience was very educational and one of the more Spiritual experiences I've been through. I'm just very glad we didn't have to trek across the country for real!

Shortly after we finished with the Trek, we decided to serve an InnerCity service mission for the LDS Church. It was Spanish-speaking, of course, since Chuck is fluent. It was such a fun experience, and we met so many wonderful people! We spent Sundays & Thursdays in Murray helping people find discounted housing/furniture/medical/dental. It was so rewarding. This picture was at a ward party celebrating all of the many different countries they were made up of! Peru, Columbia, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, and many others that I can't think of right now! It was one of my favorite ward parties that I've ever been to, in any of my wards!

We only ended up serving for 6 months, choosing not to extend our mission because we found out we were going on a new mission: Parenthood!
1 comment:
I love all of the pictures can't wait until more come!
Post a Comment